Saturday, October 8, 2011

three months in chile

What a week!  Had my first essay due in one class and a midterm in another, it was just the academic reality check I needed to get me on track for the semester.  After neglecting weeks of reading I had to make it all up the past week and I do not expect I will do that again as I now understand the time required to read and understand scholarly material written all in Spanish.  As of now my conversational Spanish has improved greatly, but to read dense academic documents is often be very difficult.  That is the last time I put off studying!  This valuable lesson will hopefully stay with me for my remaining time here in Chile.

Yesterday was the three month anniversary of me arriving in Santiago!  Though the three months have gone by quickly I also feel as if I have been living here for much longer.  In just three months I have learned so much and my Spanish has greatly improved, it gets me excited to think about how much more I will know by the time I leave!  

No comments:

Post a Comment